Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Rewiring the Light

Before I get to the light, I have to share that the kitchen cabinets arrived at 7:30am this morning. We emptied out the living room the night before in anticipation. The two largest cabinets are sitting in other rooms of the house since they were too big to bring in the front door. Still, I think the loot is pretty impressive.

Now, for the snappy re-wiring of the light.
Step 1. Remove old socket, replace with new socket.

Step 2. Remember to thread ball & chain through fixture on second try.

Step 3. Screw socket in and admire handy work.

Step 4. Assemble new mounting hardware into one place,
arrange and take picture.

Step 5. Install new mounting hardware and prep wires for socket installation with a flashlight as the main light source. Remove previously installed socket from light fixture. Search garage for nut to fit onto back of grounding screw. Drop screw into box of Styrofoam peanuts. Abandon screw and attach ground wire to mounting hardware. Install socket and proceed to drop another screw into box of Styrofoam peanuts. Fish out screw. Remember to thread ball and chain the first time. Think to self, remember to move box of Styrofoam peanuts out of the way next time.

Step 6. Step back, turn on switch and admire.

Other happenings around the house:
E wired the three way switch for the mud room lights and started on the disposal outlet. We made a Depot run. I put the second coat of paint on the ironing board cabinet door. I picked up a humongous drain pan for the water storage tank at Moran Plumbing. I absolutely love that place. More stucco came off of our house, but I can see the end is near, for that side of the house at least. Last but not least, I prepped the hall for popcorn removal which is to commence tomorrow. Now that it's nearly midnight and I've put in my 16.5hrs for the day, I'm off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment