We have a room, a real room. We have a roof, walls, and a floor to boot. It is beyond amazing. granted the walls and the ceiling are merely studded out and lack drywall. We have a humble sub-floor, a level sub-floor though. The door and window have plywood over them and are studded out shadows of their futures selves but I love them just the same. Since I last wrote we have had a litany of problems and solutions. Work has been done.
1) Mud-room floor leveled to kitchen floor,
2) Wall between kitchen and mud-room moved back 1' and studded out,
3) Doorway between kitchen and dining room studded out,
4) Kitchen door and window roughed out,
5) Kitchen skylight roughed in and purchased,
6) Office electrical outlets increased in number and in the process of becoming grounded circuits thanks to E,
6a) Discovered dry-rot between Office and Bathroom during electrical work,
6b) Dry-rot wood removed and replaced,
7) Laundry room appliance electrical boxes placed. It was a late night. The work light was clamped to the ceiling rafters and tools were no where to be found. My mom was in town and helped measure and re-measure and re-measure. I'm a bit neurotic with details.
8) Entry way popcorn ceiling removed via my personal brawn and brain,
9) Office popcorn ceiling removed again via my brawn and this time my mom's brains, things were a bit tidier this go around.
10) Utility room received final coat of mud,
11) E installed a super quiet fan in the front bathroom (no wiring yet) and put a hole in the ceiling above the tub for a can light.
12) I hunted and gathered a salvaged built-in ironing board. Needs work. Needs new fabric. Two contenders:
13) A great paint color hunt has begun. Zeroing in on colors. Office (graphite), Front Bath (deep eggplant), Back Bedroom (dusty lavender), Dining Room (indigo), Kitchen/Mud/Laundry (glacier blue), Living Room (TBD latte perhaps), Master Bedroom (TBD green of sorts), Master Bath (soft mint). All colors are approximate and names are pure figments of my imagination.